Ron Paul And The Paulians

[caption id="attachment_3116" align="alignright" width="150" caption="Ron Paul And The Paulians"][/caption]

I used to be a devout Paulian. I was a huge Ron Paul supporter during the last election. I have never, ever had a bumper sticker on my car, but my rear bumper sports a Ron Paul 2008 bumper sticker. I even joined (gasp!) the Republican party prior to the primaries in order to vote for the good doctor. I even went on a real radio station in Santa Cruz (KSCO) and did a whole two hours on why Ron Paul should be president I went door-to-door with his supporters, interviewed them for my show, and basically, for a time in 2008, went all out for the guy.

While his message is great, and he’s probably done more to turn people to liberty and freedom and political action than most people, he has, as Trump not so eloquently put it, zero chance of winning the presidency. And as the practical libertarian that I am – I will have to agree. So I will not support Ron Paul this time around, and neither should any of us who want to truly see more of a shift to his vision.

Let’s all support someone who can take us closer now.

0 comments: