A Horrible Prediction

[caption id="attachment_3605" align="alignright" width="150" caption="A HORRIBLE PREDICTION!!!"]A HORRIBLE PREDICTION!!![/caption]

I’ve had this horrible feeling at the pit of my stomach: as a futurist (yes that is my day job) I look at the signs (no, not like a psychic), indicators and build scenarios of possible futures. And today, I‘ve decided to go public with a horrible prediction from the Official Future Hall Of Predictions: much as I don’t want this prediction to come true: looking at everything that I’m seeing today, I predict that Obama will win re-election. The signs are all there: a weak Republican field, an administration manipulating events in order to allow any real recovery to occur closer to the election, a President with a ridiculous amount of money and supporters in the mainstream media: any message other than his will be drowned out. Couple that with the extreme nastiness which will be forced upon any candidate who goes up against him, add in a resurgence of white guilt, and it will be an extremely hard slog to beat him. But boy, I hope this prediction is wrong. I don’t think America can take another 4 years, in fact not another 4 days of this administration.

0 comments: