Freedom On The March In Egypt

[caption id="" align="alignright" width="245" caption="Egypt Protest"][/caption]

"It's time for this government to change," said Amal Ahmed, a 22-year-old protester. "I want a better future for me and my family when I get married."



I think that just about sums it up. Egyptians are clamoring to overthrow a regime which has been far to oppressive, far too long. The protests indicate to me at least that this is a country where free speech is under siege, freedom itself is in short supply. This is the tendency of the human race - to move from less fee countries to more free countries, and if thats not possible, eventually move to free up their own country. Freedom to speak should be a basic human right, available to all of humanity,m and anything we can do to help a peaceful transition from this closed, tyrannical regime to a more open society, we should support in the fullest.

0 comments: