Obama V Palin: Is This A Setup?

obamapalinIn a previous post, I mused that a Obama V. Palin matchup would be interesting and sorta fun (for us political junkies). Don’t look at me to take sides though, if you ask me they are both YAPs (Yet Another Politician) with very little real differences to me at the moment.

But as I was pondering this matchup I thought to myself: is this too perfect? Are these candidates too evenly matched? I’m sure I’m hearing some guffaws in the audience right now when I say that: the Obamaites scoff at Palin’s less than Harvard education, and the Palinistas ladle scorn upon Obama’s pretentions and lack of proof that he was actually born American.

No, what I’m saying is that they seem to be such perfect political opposites, and as “constructed personalities” which most politicians are, they are being set up to be that way, their public personas are being molded to be very clear choices. If you look at every attribute, the other candidates seems to completely embody the opposite attribute.

In a future post, I’ll match these attributes up and tell me if I’m wrong.

0 comments: